25 Random Things: The 6th Grade E-mail Chain Letter That Refuses To Die
February 7, 2009 at 1:32 pm
This week the New York Times once again proved that the Style section might as well be the Facebook company newsletter with their fascinating rumination on Facebook's latest nuisance. This UTB follow up comes from someone who actually knows how to navigate Facebook, as opposed to a NYT reporter who thinks Facebook is a special new tube they added to the interwebs.
You’ve seen them floating around Facebook enough to make you question whether you accidentally logged on to the oh-so-much-trashier MySpace. Every time it popped up on your News Feed, it felt like the Facebook equivalent of nails on a chalkboard, yet you secretly wondered why no one had tagged you yet. While in line at Commons waiting for, oh… Macho Nachos again..., you started a makeshift list in your head just in case someone loved you enough to single you out as one of the first twenty-five people they thought about after thinking about things they thought were both "random" and completely necessary that you know.
But for those who are severely confused, I come bearing an example:
Once you've been tagged, write a note with 25 random tidbits, including facts, habits, or goals (read: sleazy or deep, dark secrets) about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. (Yes, even if you have 839 Facebook friends. I know you probably only talk to 25.) You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about you but was too shy/lame to ask you myself. Here's what makes me/you/everyone else totally random and unique and unlike the rest of the world!!!!
1. To all my Facebook frenemies and/or psycho stalkers, these are my biggest fears, EVER: petting zoos, the Spaghetti-O’s mascot, and cell phone radiation (Blackberries excluded).
2. I really like the smell of oak trees on a windy day at 4PM in September.
3. When I was in elementary school, I wanted to go to Harvard. So did everyone else, but please. They were only kidding themselves.
4. I LOVEEEE Jason Mraz. He’s, like, so awesome. The only song I know is “I’m Yours” but I know enough to know it’s awesome. And he’s awesome.
5. I switched to a Mac, and I liked it… I hope my PC don’t mind it.
6. OMG, I’m only on 6? I really can’t think of anything else!!
7. Uhm… I’m procrastinating right now! (haha!)
8. I was more devastated after finding out that Jamie Lynn Spears was pregnant than when I found out Santa wasn’t real.
9. My best friends are the best. They’re better than your friends! LOVE YA GURLS!!!!<3333
10. Without my tan, I am nothing. SUMMER ’09!!!!! CAN’T WAIT!!!!
11. I’m a sucker for guys who wear Crocs. Especially the furry ones.
12. I live for those TV shows that cast incredibly old actors as high school students. R.I.P. THE OC (& MELISSA COOPER!)
13. Even though the economy sucks, I’d still marry a Whartonite.
14. No seriously, I really can’t think of anything else!!
15. My favorite color is aquamarine. Also, my favorite movie is Aquamarine (Yes, the one with that girl mermaid.) Coincidence? I THINK NOT.
16. Some days, I don’t check my e-mail so I can feel the satisfaction of opening my Inbox to 20 new messages… mostly because I’m on the listservs of at least 10 clubs I actually had no intention of joining…
17. OMG, it’s so hard to think of 25 things!!!! I’m still procrastinating.
18. I’ve been trying to learn the dance to Beyoncé’s “Single Ladies…”
19. I don’t actually like coffee. But since all my friends drink, I go to class with a Starbucks cup filled with chocolate milk.
20. I voted for Paris Hilton in the 2008 election.
21. On Easter Sunday, I blow up peeps in the microwave… then I go to church.
22. Rainy days make deeply reflect upon my likes and dislikes. I like wearing my animal print rain boots. I dislike straightening my hair to have it frizzy in 5 seconds flat.
23. I have such a huge secret but I can’t tell you because then it wouldn’t be a secret… ;) ;) ;)
24. I think people should get to know me before they judge me.
25. I firmly believe I exist for a purpose and that my actions have a consequence somewhere in the universe that I cannot even fathom. Oh, and, I like getting philosophical when people least expect it.
Nobody ever follows the rules, so I’m just going to tag the entire world. I know you want to.