Quiz: Is This Karma? Or a Direct Consequence of Your Actions?
Photo from pxhere / CC0
October 16, 2019 at 10:51 am
Are you someone who frequently has bad luck? Do things just never go your way sometimes? It can be hard to know whether these bad things are occurring because you have bad karma or because they’re just direct consequences of your actions. UTB made a quiz to help you figure out which one it is.
Scenario 1: You totally fail a chem test. Which of the following things preceded the exam?
- a) You accidentally killed your pet fish when you were 4 years old.
- b) You didn’t study.
- c) The night before the exam, you went to a concert and pretended that your friend was at the front so that you could push in front of everyone.
Scenario 2: Your girlfriend breaks up with you. Which of the following things happened before that?
- a) One time, when you were 12 years old, you were mad at your mom, so you purposely stepped on all the cracks in the sidewalk to break your mother’s back.
- b) You forgot her birthday because you were cheating on her with her best friend from freshman year.
- c) You get off on telling people to take a lap at your frat’s parties.
Scenario 3: Everyone you meet seems to think you’re a real dick. Which of the following things has happened previously?
- a) You once threw out a recyclable container because the recycling bin was full but the trash was empty and you didn’t want to take out the recycling.
- b) You started a rumor that your friend had chlamydia because she didn’t notice your haircut.
- c) You never pay anyone back on Venmo until after they’ve sent you multiple reminders, and, usually, they just give up before you actually pay them back.
If you got mostly a’s: Is there maybe something else you’re forgetting about? These events have nothing to do with what’s happened to you. Try thinking a little harder.
If you got mostly b’s: This is not karma, it’s a direct consequence of your actions. That should’ve been really obvious.
If you got mostly c’s: This is not karma, it’s a direct consequence of your actions. You just think it’s karma because you have no self-awareness and you’re not very bright.